Wednesday, June 11, 2008

aren't they cute

So I’ve started this new thing where I sing songs to my Mom about going away and being far from the ones you love and she squeals and tells me to stop (it’s pretty cute). Today I was singing “Leaving on a Jet Plane” (with which I was serenaded – but a slightly altered version – before I left Lawrence – thanks for the special lyrics Nicole and Laird).

I’ve always listened to the Peter, Paul and Mary version, but I found out that John Denver actually wrote it. Then my Mom told me about how she used to listen to Denver sing it over and over again in college when my Dad spent a year in Germany. I thought that was sweet, especially with their 26th wedding anniversary coming up this week. They’re so cute!

2 comments:

amanda. said...

you should start posting video blogs of you singing.

Nicole said...

WETZEL... tell me somethin' real!
I am eagerly awaiting news of you. Miss you already.