Friday, July 18, 2008

time for the bodleian

I'm about to embark on an afternoon at the Bodleian. Always fun!

The Globe was amazing. I took pictures so I'll have to try and post those later. I didn't even think about the fact that I was standing for the entire play until the breaks (that's how thrilling King Lear can be). The actor was incredible. Unfortunately a cell phone when off during the performance (kind of distracting). At one point I looked on the other side of the stage and could see a woman crying. It's a very moving play. I'd never read it until now (and I just skimmed through before Thursday). I did get a little sick to my stomach when they plucked out Gloucester's eyes, but the horror was more in watching the faces of Cornwall and Regan when they did it (they just relished it). Anyhow, enough about Shakespearean violence. I really need to post pictures so you can be just as amazed with the Globe as I was (I loved feeling the breeze during the performance).

This weekend I'm headed to Cambridge for some free music (hopefully - fingers crossed) and good times with my Oxford and Cambridge friends (the two schools will only unite for one great cause... hanging out with me).

Time for me to head to the Bodleian. But just for the record... I had an awesome dance party last night with a really nice group of British guys. And by awesome dance party I mean the really good kind - like Jeff Healy kind of dance party (for anyone lucky enough to know what I'm talking about). Yeah... amazing! I threw out all my best moves (which pretty much consists of me jumping around and trying to do the runner man).

Take care Kansas!
(and Mexico... aka Anna)

:)

No comments: